Data comics for data-driven storytelling are inspired by the visual language of comics and aim to communicate insights in data through visualizations. While comics are widely known, few examples of data comics exist and there has not been any structured analysis nor guidance for their creation.
This website collects examples of data comics, visualizations and traditional comics that can inspire data comics.
If you find compelling examples that you think should be listed here, let us know.
- Benjamin Bach (University of Edinburgh),
- Zezhong Wang (University of Edinburgh)
- Nathalie Henry Riche (Microsoft Research),
- Matteo Farinella (Columbia University, New York)
- Dave Murray-Rust (University of Edinburgh),
- Sheelagh Carpendale (University of Calgary),
- Hanspeter Pfister (Harvard University)